Tuesday, 28 May 2013

X-Country Team + Swim & Dive + Badminton

Date of this reflection Date(s) of CAS Activity: Grade 12, Grade 10, Grade 10 respectively
Title of Activity: Participation in X-Country Team + Swim & Dive + Badminton
Number of hours spent on this activity: 50 hours in total

1. Briefly describe the CAS activity. Who did you work for? What did you hope to accomplish?
I participate in these sports in Western Canada High School. I hope to stay fit and train myself to become a faster athlete.

2. What was the outcome of the activity? Did you accomplish your goals?

  • I participated in meets and met new friends
  • I had very well tone body from doing these sports
  • I managed to maintain my swimming record from when I used to swim with the UofC Dinos

3. What would you do differently if you did this activity again?

  • I will try to manage my time better and be involved in more sports
  • I will try out newer sports

4. Describe how this activity represents Creativity, Action, and/or Service.

  • These sports all represent Action- involves great amount of exercising

5. Which of the following learning outcomes have you addressed with this activity? (choose all that
apply)
+Increasing your awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
+Undertaking new challenges
+Working collaboratively with others
+Showing perseverance and commitment in your activities

How does the activity address these learning outcomes
These activities help me realize what type of athlete I am: I am a flexible person with tone muscles and a petite bone structure, hence I can be fast in movements yet disadvantaged in exerting force when compared to other girls with greater bone structure and more massive muscles. By participating in these sports I understand that it is important for me to choose a sport that I will be good at and that my body can withstand, otherwise my body might become overworked. This concept also applies to everyday life as people should make decisions wisely. For example, if you are a person who is easily fatigued and cannot work for a long time, then you probably should not choose Undergrad degrees such as Nursing as your future career because you will not enjoy the following 50 years working at something that does not suit you. The activities also reinforce the idea that I should work on managing my time more wisely, as last minute intense workouts do not pay off.
This activity also emphasizes the importance of teamwork- having other individuals to work together can be motivating.
It also establishes a sense of perseverance and commitment in my activities because my involvement requires waking up early and endurance. Hence by attending the practices I am training myself to become a more determined individual.




No comments:

Post a Comment