Title of Activity: TA and Volunteer at Harmony Guzheng Ensemble
Number of hours spent on this activity: 200 hours
1. Briefly describe the CAS activity. Who did you work for? What did you hope to accomplish?
This ensemble is estaliblished by my Guzheng teacher. I attend both her lessons and also work as a TA in the ensemble at our monthly rehearsals. I worked with other TAs in the group to help improve everyone's Guzheng ensemble skills and also promote people's interests in learning this traditional instrument.
- I hope to improve my leadership skills
- Gain greater experience as a TA in Guzheng
- Gain better public speaking skill
- Play music with other Guzheng players and have some fun
- perform at senior centres and street festivals
2. What was the outcome of the activity? Did you accomplish your goals?
- I became an more assertive person
- I became more active, more willing to commit to volunteerism
- Understand the importance of inheriting one's own culture
- Yes I did accomplish my goals. I gained a good position in my group and I got to know more group members personally

3. What would you do differently if you did this activity again?
- I would spend more time volunteering
- Develop different ways to promote the music other than performances
- Initiate more community activities involving Guzheng, perhaps doing a musical collaboration with Western instruments.
4. Describe how this activity represents Creativity, Action, and/or Service.
- It represents Creativity because as an ensemble we were involved in many performances and we always create unique ways of Guzheng arrangement, musical composition, and intercultural collaborations
5. Which of the following learning outcomes have you addressed with this activity? (choose all that
apply)
+Increasing your awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
+Undertaking new challenges
+Planning and initiating activities
+Working collaboratively with others
+Showing perseverance and commitment in your activities
+Developing new skills
Service-wise I had always
participated in events where it requires me teaching people or fundraising for
a group. An integration project of Creativity and Service would be the
Chinatown Festival where I volunteer at each year to perform Guzheng. This
gives me volunteer hours and also allowed me to help promote Chinese cultures
while showcase the
skills of the Harmony Guzheng Ensemble.
I
volunteer regularly for the Harmony Guzheng Ensemble at various performances
and this has been happening for four years. These volunteering events with the
Ensemble show perseverance and commitment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNb16r_jSbU




.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment